What are Veneers?
A Veneer is a thin layer of tooth-coloured material that is put onto the front of the tooth to make it look better. This I because the tooth might have been damaged by decay or an accident, or might be badly discoloured for some reason.
What will my dentist do?
Veneers can be made out of composite or porcelain by a dental technician. Usually you will have to attend the practice for 1-2 appointments for this type of veneer.
- Your dentist will check any fillings in the teeth first.
- A very small amount of natural tooth material needs to be removed – just enough to prevent the veneer making the tooth look or feel bulky. For this reason, it may not be necessary to numb the tooth.
- Preparation time will depend on how damaged the tooth is and whether or not it may need building up with a filling first.
- The dentist will need to use a putty-like material to make a mould of your mouth (also known as an impression) so the dental technician can tell the shape and size of the veneer to make for you.
- Your dentist will then glue the veneer made by the technician to the tooth when you next visit.
What are the benefits?
- Veneers can greatly improve your appearance. They hide imperfections, and you lose very imperfections, and you lose very little natural tooth material.
- Veneers also protect teeth from any ore damage. Tooth surface can be dissolved away by acid in the mouth (usually from too frequent consumption of certain kinds of food and drink); this can make teeth very sensitive to hot and cold. In this situation, veneers can protect the teeth.
- If the tooth is strong, a veneer is often a better option than a crown for improving a tooth’s appearance.
Don't take our word for it ...
This young woman wanted whiter straighter teeth and to get rid of the gap in the middle. As her teeth were in very good shape anyway, veneers were provided with minimal preparation i.e just a fraction of a millimetre was sanded from the fronts of her teeth prior to fitting the new ideal shape and colour porcelain veneers of ideal shape and colour.
This young lady hated her yellow, stained teeth. Cosmetic porcelain veneers on her top teeth gave her back her confidence to smile.
“Before my treatment I felt self-conscious about my smile since visiting Apollonia, I’m happy to show off my teeth to everyone! The staff are all so helpful and friendly, something which is very comforting when you’re nervous about the treatment. I really looked forward to each appointment at Apollonia, I’m sure not many people can say that about their dentist! Thank you! I hope you’re all well. The teeth are still perfect!”
Book a consultation
What do you have to lose? Drop us your information in the contact form below and we will get back to you to book a consultation. Alternatively you can give the centre a ring on 0151 709 9146.